Who doesn’t get sick of their bedroom, get bored or just want to get crafty? We have tons of ideas to spice up your room and keep you busy. Change it up with our decorating projects and DIY ideas.
You’ve done it! School is almost over, and the world is your oyster. You may not know the results of your exams yet, but you can rest easy you’ve done everything you could to secure the grades you need. So, how can you celebrate? Prom is a good place to start. After your hard work, you deserve to enjoy a night of freedom and glamor. While you plan for your prom, it’s important to note that this is your chance to shine. Okay, it’s not a red carpet event, but it may as well be! That’s why you should treat yourself like a celeb. For this night, you can! To make the most of your night, it’s important you get to know all your options. That way, you can ensure everything is the way you want it!
THE RIGHT DRESS
When we think of prom, we think of the dresses. When else are you going to have a chance to wear a gown like the ones you can choose for prom? Make sure you look your best on the night by taking the time to consider a few different prom dresses. You may only wear it for one night, but this is one of the most important dresses you’ll buy! If you’re reluctant to spend the money, you could rent instead. That way, you can get the best dress for less cost! This could be an excellent way to get the dress you want. Or, you could take finishing your exams as an excuse to treat yourself. If anyone deserves a new dress, it’s you. If you’re struggling for inspiration, turn to the pros. Look at what the celebs are wearing. Look, too, at what’s on the catwalk. It may seem unlikely, but yellow is the hottest color of the season. One thing’s sure; a yellow dress will make you stand out!
THE ACCESSORIES + HAIR
To get the right look, think about more than your dress. Think, too, about your accessories and hair. After you’ve gone to the trouble of getting the perfect dress, it’s worth doing something new with your hair. Research some styles that will complement the dress you’ve chosen. If you have trouble mastering them, turn to online tutorials to teach you! Spare a thought to your accessories, too! Don’t let your dress go to waste by not accessorizing the way you should! Most importantly, you’ll need to choose the right shoes. Your shoes say a lot about you, so it’s important you get them right! You may want to go for heels, but don’t take the leap unless you feel confident! Remember that you’ll be dancing the night away. Don’t be afraid to choose flats instead! Think, too, about what handbag would look best. You don’t want anything too big, but you’ll need to carry your phone and keys! Take a look at clutch bags out there to see if any would suit. You don’t see anyone on the red carpet with a huge bag on their shoulder, do you?
Once you’ve got your outfit ready, it’s time to think about how you’re going to get there. It doesn’t matter how good you look if you haven’t got a form of travel. This is your prom, so it fits you should arrive in style. You may not be driving to the Grammys, but treat it like you are! Look at fun ways other people have come at their proms. In keeping with the red carpet theme, consider hiring a limo. If you’re worried about the cost, take some friends along for the ride and split the cost between you. Or, you could go for something a little different. Why not hire an old style bus to take you all? Everyone will notice your arrival when traveling in one of these! Whatever option you choose, make sure there’s a touch of glamor to it! If you’re stuck for ideas, talk to your friends. They may have a plan you can get involved with.
Yes, you’re going to be enjoying yourself. Even so, it’s important to take pictures. This is an event you’ll want to remember, after all. In true red carpet style, there’s likely a photographer to take pictures as you arrive. Even so, you’ll want some pictures of your own! Put a camera in that clutch bag of yours, and make sure to remember it’s there! If you want to ensure the quality of your snaps, do a little research into how to take a good picture before you leave. You never know, you could develop a passion for it! Practice, too, taking pictures of yourself. It may sound strange, but you’re going to be taking selfies with your classmates. So, you want to ensure you get people in the frame! If it helps, invest in a selfie stick to get the shots you need. Bear in mind that it may be difficult to carry the stick around with you! You might be in a rush to get there on the night, but don’t forget the obligatory ‘before you leave’ pictures. Celebrity snaps won’t have anything on you! Remember, too, that this may be the last time you see a lot of your classmates. If people are leaving town after prom, make sure to get pictures with them. These are memories that you’ll come to cherish.
THE FUTURE….CAN WAIT
For the past few weeks, and maybe longer, your thoughts will have been consumed with picking a college. We all know what a stressful decision that can be. It may be easier said than done, but try to let the decision go on your prom night. Yes, the future is beckoning. Even so, it can wait one night. Take the chance to relax. Try to let go of all thoughts of the future. If you sit dwelling on your decisions all night, you’ll miss the prom. Not to mention that you’ll regret it. So go on, leave the future alone for the moment!
When you’re bored at home and you can’t go out, or you can’t be bothered to go out, being able to kill boredom is key to not going stir crazy. If you need some inspiration, here are 8 fun things you can do to kill boredom at home. Take a look and see what you find:
Learn A Brand New Skill
Why not take this time at home to learn a brand new skill? There are so many ways you can do this, many of which are for free! You could take a look at tutorials on YouTube, sign up to SkillShare (they sometimes have a ridiculously cheap offer for 3 months membership and unlimited courses), or even use Udemy, where you pay per course. However, many courses on Udemy are free. You can learn just about anything you can think of; how to make jewelry, how to play an instrument, drawing, speaking another language – the list goes on!
Bake Some Sweet Stuff
The great thing about baking sweet stuff is that you can settle down with your cookies or cakes afterwards and indulge. You could decorate them in a really fun way and even give some to friends and family if you make lots of them and want to avoid a binge!
Binge Watch A Series/Films
Just because you don’t want to binge on cookies doesn’t mean you can’t binge on a series or some films! Apps like MovieBox APK are pretty good for this, but you’ll need to read a few reviews to make sure you find the right one for you. Many allow you to sync the programs you want to watch to other devices.
Try Some Upcycling
Upcycling is a super fun and creative way to bring life to an old piece of furniture. You could paint it a brand new colour, use stencils on it, add new hardware, and so much more. You could give it a subtle makeover or make it look completely different. There are tutorials online for this too if you need some help.
Write A Story
Do you come up with great ideas for stories but never do anything about them? Now’s your chance! Writing a story can help you to improve your writing skills, and you could even come up with something amazing. It’s up to you what you do with your story once you’re finished. You could share it on a site like Wattpad, where people read your stories chapter by chapter and give you feedback. People have even had offers from publishers this way! Just write, regardless of what you think it will turn out like.
Color Something In
Coloring isn’t just for kids. Adult coloring books can be really relaxing, almost like a form of meditation. If you don’t have a book, you could print something out.
How about reading something? You could even try reading out loud if you have your family with you, and take it in turns to read chapters. People don’t do this enough these days, and it could be a great way for you all to enjoy a story together.
Make A Scrapbook
How about scrapbooking some of your favorite pictures and bits and bobs? You’ll be able to look back on your memories with a smile for years to come!
A coffee table is often recognized as one of the central decorative pieces of an interior. Some designers would even style a table first, and only afterwards attempt to adapt other furniture to it. Whichever style you prefer for your interior – a coffee table is always an inseparable part of a perfect design. That is why our team and furnitureinfashion.net decided that it is about time to form a step-by-step guide for styling your coffee table.
- Choose a concept. Different styles demand diverse approaches to decoration. For example, a minimalistic living room would look tasteless with a coffee table in screaming and bold colors. The same situation with the Provence style – it begs for floral ornaments or fresh bouquets on a coffee table. You need to choose a concept of your interior and thoughtfully stick to it. Note: it does not mean that you have to use only those dominants that are regarded as a part of chosen style, but having an image of what you are about to create is a rather good idea; there is always space for imagination.
- Functionality. A coffee table decoration choice should be based on a range of functions this particular table is going to fulfill. If functionality is limited by decorative and esthetic functions – your table may be topped up with any kind of items. However, if you are going to use it for eating or hobbies, you should leave some free space on a surface.
- Covering. Coffee tables are often made of expensive materials and are not adapted to prolonged and frequent usage. That is why we recommend you to think about a proper covering for your coffee table. If you are into tablecloths, you will probably have to choose between linen, cotton and polyester clothes. Linen clothes perfectly fit classy Bohemian and Provence decors; cotton covering looks great in simpler surroundings. Some clean and transparent artificial pads would save table’s surface, but would not cover its beauty.
- A centerpiece is everything. When it comes to selecting objects for your table, it is rarely important to form a central complex of items. A centerpiece is an essential part of coffee table decorations; it directs all further selections. A common idea for a centerpiece is a fashionable tray that takes ¼ of a table’s surface. You may put various combinations of objects on it. We came up with a some simple ideas:
- a bouquet of fresh flowers and aroma candles;
- a collection of porcelain statuettes;
- a pot with hydrangea and a small bronze lantern;
- an hourglass and a pile of books in beige covers;
However, a centerpiece can exist without a tray. For example, a set of porcelain vases of different height would look perfect in any surroundings.
- Creativity and imagination. When you are done with each and every of previous stations, the time has come for revealing your inner creationist. A list of items you can place on a coffee table is truly endless. Pots, statuettes, souvenirs, books, lamps, candles, kettles and cups, – everything is possible!