Written by Dana Ford, Relate Contributing Writer
It’s hard to feel good when we’re just not looking our best on the outside, right girls? We go to great lengths to look good before we leave the house, before we present ourselves to others. We must be clean, showered, primped and perfected.
Many say, “If you look good, you’ll feel good, too.”
But for many of us, it’s hard to keep up with the models on TV. It’s hard to keep up with the latest fashion trends and hairstyles. Our busy lifestyles don’t allow for this type of primping anymore.
Have no fear! We’re here to tell you, if you feel good, you will LOOK good, too!
Ladies, physical beauty is not all there is to boost self-esteem. In fact, you’ll find it doesn’t last long. Ever find yourself struggling to reapply makeup several times each day?
What feels good about doing that? Me personally, it’s not fun. So what should we do? Well, let’s try something new! Let’s try a new trend: Making yourself look good—on the inside!
I know some of you may be thinking, “How is it possible to beautify myself internally?”
Simple as this. When you’re emotionally healthy, happy, stable and energized on the inside, your outward appearance will glow even without having to worry about what you look like. You will FEEL good about yourself and in turn love your body and face just the way you are. And it’s a permanent feeling!
Want to be and feel beautiful without worrying about your physicality? Here are fun ways of boosting your inward glow.
- Eat, eat, eat! God has created abundant lands for fruits to grow, for vegetables to thrive and for seeds and berries to prosper. All these things which He has created have been made for humans to enjoy. Food and water are crucial to our survival and crucial to energy in our daily lives. When we eat well-balanced and portioned meals three times daily, our minds are more alert, our moods are balanced and our overall performance level in any task is greater if we replenish our bodies. Enjoy God’s blessing. Some great energy foods: Bananas, tea, yogurt and whole grains.
- Do yoga. Yoga is a technique which has been around for over 5,000 years. It’s a great stress reliever and harmonizes the mind with the body. God says, “Be IN this world not OF this world, for you are merely passing through to Heaven.” Yoga teaches people a new way of life, a way of dealing with stress, a way of thinking and ultimately, a way of coping with being IN this world. Yoga aids in getting better sleep, having a happier disposition and a clearer and calmer mind. It also builds up health and helps protect against colds, fevers, constipation, headaches, fatigue and other troubles.
- Exercise. There are PLENTY of ways to get exercise and increase your happiness without getting too fatigued. A few ways include:
- Stretching in the morning when you first get out of bed. This helps stimulate your brain and muscles before starting the day. You will be more alert and ready to tackle the day.
- Taking walks outside for 20 minutes and allow some part of your skin to be exposed to the sun. During the winter, it’s hard to be exposed to the sun but even allowing a little to touch your face will help decrease fatigue, depression, anxiety and other harsh feelings the season of winter may bring you.
- Participating in any activity for 20 minutes straight will help balance your mind, release toxins in your body and help release endorphins from your brain. Endorphins are like happy pills; they will reenergize you and make you refreshed.
Girls, these are only a few examples. And many of you may already know these things are good for your internal health. Can you think of anything else? What makes you feel good internally? Maybe visiting your friends and family makes you feel good. Maybe you FEEL good when you spend some time to yourself doing what you love the most.
Maybe deep down, you have this beauty which you’ve never discovered. The time is now to reveal it to the world. Do what makes you feel good on the inside and your outward appearance will…well…begin to not matter so much.
Stereotypically we think of riches as materialistic products. Not today, not any day, not anyhow. Riches are what are within YOU. Go on; share those riches with the world!
“You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in a spirit of love.” –Henry Drummond